Several Alternative Methods
- Close each meeting with an assessment of overall performance that evening.
- Appoint a monitor to assess board behavior with policy expectations during the meeting.
- Assess all Governance Process and Board Management Connection Policies annually.
- Regularly assess one or more Governance Process and Board Management Connection Policies such that each is looked at no less than once per year.
- Board has defined criteria for how it will behave in these policies
- Board checks its actual behavior against those criteria to see if it has fulfilled its commitments
- Board develops a plan to improve if and as needed
Note: Generally done using direct inspection.